Whether the PP blog put a curse on Andy Cooper or he heard the call of the cash games, you'll have to judge for yourself, but Mr. Grinder is no more in the Main Event.
Having promised himself a deep run, the Brit got caught up in two successive hands trying to play on the tight image he'd carefully constructed, but it proved the early end of him.
First he tangled with a villain with 79 off-suit, making his first three-bet of the tournament and calling a min four bet to see a Q7x flop. A small bet enticed him to float and when the turn came another Q and his rival checked, Copper fired a barrel to take it away. His opponent promptly check-raised all-in and forced a fold.
Left with 9,000 chips, Andy was dealt J♥4♥ and raised again. He was three-bet by an aggressive foe but when two other players called, Cooper abandoned his cautious mood hoping to take down a big pot with a 4-bet shove.
He made his rival tank for a minute at least, but the villain eventually came up with a call holding AK and our hero could get no help from the board.
- Pavlos snatches last gasp League glory
- Fantasy Poker: Thessaloniki Results
- Recap: Tzimas turnaround completes Season 3
- Tzimas talks
- Tzimas win in pics
- Deal secures Giorgos Tzimas the title
- Final table - what a welcome!
- Attila conquered in 4th, wins €10,937
- No deal, just fireworks
- Vlachos follows in 5th
- Stars aligning for Kasspav? Tsavdaridis 6th
- Latest chip count
- Stavros succumbs in 7th
- Adelina falls just shy of Marga's record
- Pantelis parts ways in 9th
- Back to business... Vitor departs
- League at war
- Final table chip count
- Final... finally!
- Kallinikos exit takes us to final table bubble
- Attila finishes off Kiriakos
- Great call @kasspav
- Panagiotidis fairytale comes to an end
- Loukia receives warm applause
- First out the door
- Day 3: 21 contest Season 3 finale
- W Club calling
- The party rush
- To the cash desk!
- Bubble proving tough to burst
- Three for the ladies
- A royal affair
- Peter keeps the wolf at bay
- Day 2 in pictures
- Prizes in sight at dinner break
- Schulz ships
- Tamaras bust
- Crying call delivers a smile
- KJ does it for Englund
- Scandi disaster
- Bastian alive and kicking... just
- Lubczynski amongst the leaders
- Christian back from the dead
- Fantasy Poker: 13 feeling lucky
- Day 2 in action
- Day 1b Chip Count
- Big finish for Taramas
- League dream over for Jarmonthavat
- Not Haigh's day
- Jensen steals the show with kind river
- Salim celebrates
- Zoltan to the rail
- The unbelievables
- Peek at the pics
- Off to the buffet!
- No more lives
- Kapitany gains
- Mood changer
- Cooper in the mood to grind
- Reality Poker bites Jensen
- Zauner out to seal league triumph
- Summer starts with Day 1b
- Day 1a Chip Count
- ▼ June (64)
- ► 2011 (586)