The bubble has arrived and is proving among the tougher to burst in ParadisePoker Tour history, despite one or two stacks shrinking to minute proportions.
Georgios Panagiotidis can probably consider himself the luckiest man in the room, proving the oldest poker adage about a chip and a chair by somehow surviving when he had just one big blind.
The Greek had been reduced to the shortest stack in the room by a big hand against a compatriot, the board coming Q♦10♥5♦ after a three-bet pre-flop. Panagiotidis led out on the flop and was raised, before check-raising all-in on the 5♣ turn.
His opponent made the call with K♣K♥ and left Georgios to vent his frustration on his tiny stack.
That was only the start of the tale, however, as his mood soon improved when twice doubling up - first with AK vs 9s when an Ace hit the turn, then on the other side of a flip as the 10s held against K9.
- Pavlos snatches last gasp League glory
- Fantasy Poker: Thessaloniki Results
- Recap: Tzimas turnaround completes Season 3
- Tzimas talks
- Tzimas win in pics
- Deal secures Giorgos Tzimas the title
- Final table - what a welcome!
- Attila conquered in 4th, wins €10,937
- No deal, just fireworks
- Vlachos follows in 5th
- Stars aligning for Kasspav? Tsavdaridis 6th
- Latest chip count
- Stavros succumbs in 7th
- Adelina falls just shy of Marga's record
- Pantelis parts ways in 9th
- Back to business... Vitor departs
- League at war
- Final table chip count
- Final... finally!
- Kallinikos exit takes us to final table bubble
- Attila finishes off Kiriakos
- Great call @kasspav
- Panagiotidis fairytale comes to an end
- Loukia receives warm applause
- First out the door
- Day 3: 21 contest Season 3 finale
- W Club calling
- The party rush
- To the cash desk!
- Bubble proving tough to burst
- Three for the ladies
- A royal affair
- Peter keeps the wolf at bay
- Day 2 in pictures
- Prizes in sight at dinner break
- Schulz ships
- Tamaras bust
- Crying call delivers a smile
- KJ does it for Englund
- Scandi disaster
- Bastian alive and kicking... just
- Lubczynski amongst the leaders
- Christian back from the dead
- Fantasy Poker: 13 feeling lucky
- Day 2 in action
- Day 1b Chip Count
- Big finish for Taramas
- League dream over for Jarmonthavat
- Not Haigh's day
- Jensen steals the show with kind river
- Salim celebrates
- Zoltan to the rail
- The unbelievables
- Peek at the pics
- Off to the buffet!
- No more lives
- Kapitany gains
- Mood changer
- Cooper in the mood to grind
- Reality Poker bites Jensen
- Zauner out to seal league triumph
- Summer starts with Day 1b
- Day 1a Chip Count
- ▼ June (64)
- ► 2011 (586)