Friday 20 January 2012

Almeida meets a nasty end

Almeida suffered a sick beat to depart from PPT Prague
A quick glance downstairs at the cash tables reveals something of a who's who of PPT past as our numbers start to dwindle - and the ghost of this Prague event may be tough to shake for Hugo Almeida.

The Portuguese pro, whose deepest run came in the 2010 trip to Villamoura when he finished 2nd, met a particularly cruel end and he shared his story with the PP blog in between hands at the €1/€2 tables.

"I raised with QQ after a donk player had limped and he was the only caller," began Hugo, "He had been tilting against me all day for some reason. The flop came 7♣7♦6♣ and he checked-raised me. I had around 10k at the start of the hand so I went all-in and he snap-calls with K♣9♣.

"The turn brought the 7♠ - which I thought was the perfect card given it meant he no longer could draw to the flush, but the river was the 7♥! He won with a King kicker - sick sick sick!"

Almeida leaves seven Fantasy Poker entrants disappointed (including the PP blog's own team) but even more damaging was the earlier exit of Krzysztof Zapolski. 

The Pole had three-barrel bluffed into an opponent before getting check-raised all-in on the river to be left with just 1,025. He exited with 22 vs AJ soon afterwards. 

Hungarian Peter Csecsetka was another casualty found mourning his tournament life at the cash tables. "I just couldn't get anything going," he lamented, "I wasn't getting any cards and none of my bluffs worked, so it wasn't a good day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive