Day 1 turned on a re-entry for Jan-Peter Jachtmann and the German continues to accumulate chips after re-investing in his tournament life.
A further €550 was required to change his luck yesterday, but the journalist sailed into Day 2 among the top stacks in the room following a sequence of big hands - and his momentum has continued today.
Jachtmann had called a pre-flop raise from a middle position aggressor with J♠9♠ and having gone to the flop three-handed, promptly picked up the nuts on the 7-8-10 rainbow board.
Julien Luy was the other caller and he led out into his two opponents, earning a call from both Jan-Peter and the pre-flop raiser before the dealer flipped a King on the turn.
Undeterred, Luy bet a further 5,400 and after one rival folded the hero of our tale raised to 18,000. Julien made the call and when the river came a blank 2, he quickly fired 25,000 into the centre.
That was swiftly followed a shove from Jan-Peter and his opponent was forced to muck.
Not such good news for Lutz Hoffman's loyal followers, however, as he made his exit just a short time ago when he ran 99 into Aces.
- Down to two tables with 90 minutes to play
- Mertlitsch chases the chip leaders
- Superman stung by Gomez
- FP disaster: Daniel Fresneda Jaro is our bubble bo...
- Action stations!
- Cold deck puts an end to Stefan's hopes
- Jan-Peter roller coaster continues
- Card dead Karlsson
- Trash talk and late arrivals
- 60 remain but familiar faces dwindle
- Fresneda Jaro doubles up as Milan misfires
- Jachtmann rolls on
- Fantasy Poker update
- Chip count arrives at last
- Day 2 cards in the air
- Less than 100 remain at the close
- Day 1 pics updated
- Kings can't keep Jensen alive
- Kremser comes unstuck
- Missing Bank raises Fantasy fears
- Jandrulo pleases Fantasy Poker following
- Jachtmann back in favour
- Fantasy favourites
- Quads cooler comes with consolation
- Like father, like son...
- No luck for German duo
- Back online for pics and Fantasy Poker
- Straight to Greece
- Let's get it on!
- Warm-up act gets us fired up for Main Event
- Fantasy Poker hands out €1300 trip to Greece
- Monster hands win more than the pot in Vienna
- Thessaloniki the destination for Season 3 finale
- ParadisePoker Tour League... updated at last!
- Twitter League plots free route to ParadisePoker T...
- ▼ March (35)
- ► 2011 (586)