The final was looming large just a short time ago but having been crippled to a stack of just 34,000 chips, Bernhard Haider has recovered to around 200,000.
He had lost the majority of his chips in a blind battle with Billy Ngo, shoving in the small blind with KJ and earning a call from his rival, who announced he could not fold AJ in that spot.
Two hands later and Haider was inevitably all-in for the rest of his stack and with two callers in Vincent Gomez and Vitezslav Maly, the room braced for final table to be announced.
It was not to be, however, as this time his KJ caught a river Jack to outdo both rivals and triple his stack to around 100,000 chips.
It got better still a few moments later, as Gomez raised his blind and Haider made the call with A4 off-suit. Vincent showed Jacks and looked in control when the board ran 844-8, but a river Ace put Haider back in contention.
He remains the short stack but another double up and he could be close to the average stack! Great time for a heater.
- Zauner still a league apart
- Party pics!
- Fantasy Poker Vienna - Official Results
- Pavlos in pics
- A word with the champ...
- Xanthopolous the name on the trophy... again!
- Pavlos in control after eliminating Daranyi
- Ngo go for Billy
- Gomez next to fall
- Final five: chip count
- Heinz H. breaks the spell, exits in 6th
- Short stacks won't be beat
- Tamas on top
- Fally's day comes to an end in 8th
- Ladies' love is not enough
- Bullet holes in Maly's stack
- Final table pics
- Junghuber first to fall
- Final table chip count
- Speaking too soon... the blog curse
- River rides to Haider's rescue
- Thomas & Toni to the rail
- Billy strikes first blow
- Main Event Day 3: shuffle up and deal
- Trio hold the key to Fantasy Poker hopes
- Final 13: Day 3 Chip Count
- Crazy last hand!
- Calling time on Day 2
- Vitezslav builds another tower
- ▼ April (29)
- ► 2011 (586)