Monday 10 May 2010

Two more fall in succession as the late night takes its toll


The gruelling schedule in Madrid is beginning to take hold and with their backs against the wall, two more players lost their tournament lives.

First out was online qualifier Wiktor Szuster, as his 10s lost their race with Dovydas Asanavicius' A♥Q♣ when a bullet hit the flop.

Zoltan Hegyi (pictured) followed almost immediately when his Q♥Q♣ was cracked by Ricardo Calleja, who took a stand against the shorter stack with A♥7♥ and made top pair.

"Finishing in sixth was great for me because I'm really tired," said Szuster, "I didn't sleep very well last night so I'm feeling really satisfied to have done so well in spite of that.

"It was too much for me in the end - too many hours of poker in such a short space of time - and this was my first time playing in a big event. This is my best ever win so I'm happy."

Hegyi meanwhile was disappointed to miss out on the chance make his mark, but revealed his first big tournament outside of his native Hungary would inspire him to return in Bulgaria.

"I had to wait for good hands because there were two players with a lot of chips, and they made it difficult by raising all the time," he explained.

"I did find some with the two queens, but unfortunately the A7 calls and hits his Ace to knock me out! It's been a great experience though and a nice amount to win, so I hope to go to Bulgaria in July."

See you in Sunny Beach Zoltan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive