Monday 10 May 2010

Jose Roldan finishes in 9th place

Even 40 years of poker experience couldn't dig final table short stack Jose Roldan out of his PPT hole.

His stack had just seven big blinds to play with entering the showdown and when he rolled over A♠9♥ there was feeling that there was nothing more he could do.

Unfortunately for the man known as one of Spain's oldest pros, having reportedly started his poker profession in the 1970s, Tony L. picked up A♥Q♦ and ended his evening.

Far from being downhearted however, Jose felt he had made his impression on the big stage: "I have played high stakes poker for many years so this was really just a chance to have fun and show the younger players that I can still mix it with them!

"I won €20,000 only this week, so it wasn't about the money and I couldn't do anything else with the A9.

"I've really enjoyed myself though, but now it's back to the cash tables!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive