Sunday 9 May 2010

La Pua hits a high note


Oscar "La Pua" Blanco might have been a hot tip pre-tournament, but now boasting double the average stack, the man labeled 'Spain's best' by his friends looks in great shape as we approach the final forty players.

La Pua, which in English means 'the plectrum,' strummed a winning tune when his KJ hit the flop hard against an aggressive opponent. Having his lured his man into committing his stack, Oscar doubled through holding trips.

Nacho "Krusty" Guerra hit the rail a little earlier, but after watching his good friend reach 120,000 chips, he is convinced we'll see the Spaniard on the final table.

"That was a big hand, a bit lucky but the other guy shoved with nothing and Oscar had trip Jacks," he smiled, "He's got 120,000 and he's a great player, so he'll be on the final table for sure.

"I only had 25,000 chips, half the average stack, so I had to push with something," added 'Krusty' on his own demise, "I looked down at a queen in first position, shoved all-in and unfortunately somebody in the middle called with Aces.

"I had some nice hands earlier when I was a short stack though. I had doubled up earlier with 9-9 when someone paid me off with A-8. He hit an Ace on the flop, but I turned a 9 to win the pot and double up.

"After that I didn't see too many strong hands and apart from a few steals, I was blinded away until I made my move."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive