Sunday 9 May 2010

PPT Madrid in ruthless mood before the break

This blogger is struggling to keep up with the exits as they're coming thick and fast! Blasphemous as it might be in a poker room, I'm almost grateful for our short interval, as it gives me a moment to review our latest developments...

We're down to 18 players and you can almost smell the final table at this rate. All those remaining just received a pay hike, as 18th place will now pay at least a tasty €1,600.

Ricardo Simon Gallego went out in 23rd, followed by Alvaro Picatoste and David Pishvafar, who hit the rail when his AQ lost out to AK.

One man happy in spite of defeat was Thomas Hervalet. The French player was calling out for a deal as the bubble drew in, but having been rebuffed by his fellow players, he was relieved not to suffer an untimely demise.

"To make it past the bubble was great because I was short stack and I tried to make a deal," he told the PPT blog, "I always think it's unfair on a guy who plays two days and misses out on the money, but there we people who objected to a deal.

"I didn't play my best poker because I was short stacked for so long, but I just waited it out. I eventually pushed with KJ and lost to pocket 9s after he hit his set on the flop.

"It was a good experience though. I qualified through my poker club in Paris and it was my first time in Madrid, so I've really enjoyed it.

"I need to build my bankroll but I'd love to play in the PPT Bulgaria, so we'll have to see how I get on before July."

Nester Vasconellos was our 19th-placed player and as I dare to post this update, the fast and the furious are back at the tables. Brace yourself folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive