Monday 10 May 2010

Miguel Alonso exits in seventh; a happy man in Paradise

Miguel Alonso departed the PPT Madrid after being pushed to the edge by Miguel "Miki" Rodriguez, but could hardly wipe the smile from his face as his €4,700 prize sunk in.

The online qualifier won his entry playing on Paradise Poker, so despite getting no help from the board to crack Miki's QQ with K♠3♦, he was in the mood to celebrate a personal best performance on the big stage.

"I've only been playing for two years and I qualified for this event at the first attempt on Paradise Poker," beamed Miguel, "This is the first big event I played in; previously the biggest game I bought in to was a €100 buy-in so I'm very pleased!

"I never got enough chips on the final table to play my poker and I had been waiting for good hands, but eventually had to make my move with the first decent cards I saw.

"I'll definitely try to qualify for these kind of tournaments again, although I'll stick to satellites to win more big prizes like this!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive