Sunday 9 May 2010

Can Dovydas make it a perfect debut?

Dovydas Asanavicius may be making his debut at a major final table, but he was in confident mood when we caught up with him ahead of most important shuffle up and deal of his poker career.

After some sore luck of late, Dovydas felt this result has been a long time coming, and is determined to take down the €30k top prize.

"I made some final tables in smaller events but this is my first appearance in a national event," he confirmed, "I played in Prague but got unlucky on the first day, plus I played in a few other big events and wasn't running well - so I thought this was going to be one and it has been!

"I have close to 300k to start so I'm above the average stack. I have 50bbs, which is a lot for a final table, and from what I've seen of the field - and I don't mean to be arrogant - I think I have the edge on most of them.

"There are a few bigger stacks but the structure is good, so there's plenty of play in it. I'm ready to play late into the night to win it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive