Sunday 9 May 2010

Showing faith in a friend


It's not all about experience it seems. Six months into his poker career, David Pishvafar is closing in on a cash in the PPT.

The German, who freely admits his lack of playing time could cause him trouble on later streets, has a clearly defined pre-flop strategy as we edge closer to the money.

He won't be hanging around. "I’m a little bit below the average stack but I’m glad that I only have 20bbs," he told us just before the first deal.

"It means I don’t have any big decisions to make because I either three-bet or raise all-in or just fold. I’ll just be waiting for the right moment against the right opponent.

"We’re on the bubble now so I’m planning to attack people with the average stack and I’m in a good position to do that. Either I double up or I go bust because I’m not here just to scrape into the money, I came for the first prize."

David wouldn't even be here but for some good friends, as they not only taught him the finer points of this great game, but even staked him to enter the Madrid event.

"A few friends of mine taught me to play and they staked me for this tournament," he explained, "They are my coaches, they have taught me a lot and I’m giving them a percentage of anything I win."

Here's to a friend in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive