Sunday 21 November 2010

Dice man departs with a smile

WSOP bracelet winner Willie Tann reserved a smile for the ParadisePoker Tour despite a classic beat ending his chances of outdoing last year's efforts.

'The Dice Man' (pictured) went close to the London final table in 2009 and had another deep run here at the Fox Poker Club this weekend, but his luck ran out when his AK was cracked by A3.

"I've enjoyed it," said the vastly experienced professional, "I played with a lot of new faces that I've not come up against before and that's a good thing.

"They're very nice people and it's been a really fun event. I like this tournament and I'll be back next year - if I'm alive!"

Despite looking serious at times, you only had to stand by Willie's table to guarantee an outburst of laughter, a playful joke with an opponent or that broad smile at least.

"I like to create a happy atmosphere at the table," revealed Tann, "Everyone is so serious at the table and poker is a fun game, I know everyone wants to win but we need to enjoy it along the way!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive