Friday 19 November 2010

London maintains PPT fine dining

The Fox Poker Club has just laid on a meal worthy of the ParadisePoker Tour, as we continue the tradition of treating our players to some top notch grub!

Not a fish and chip in sight here in London, but there was Thai Curry to die for and your PPT blog is feeling well fed.

Back at the tables, the demise of Robert Haigh will come as a blow to the likes of Hullos and pokerfox8, who both backed the German pro to score highly for them in the £125,000 Guaranteed Main Event.

Running an overpair into a set always hurts, and Haigh's queens failed to escape with his tournament life after the board game positively soaking wet.

"It didn't really happen for me today," said a disappointed Robert, "I had to call with so many draws in his range. There were flush and straight draws out there and he has the worst possible hand.

"Sorry to disappoint anyone who picked me! It just wasn't my day."

Fantasy poker players who picked Tour League champ Toni Merivuori can breathe easy in the knowledge he lives on after the dinner interval, but chips are in short supply for the Finn.

"I tried a big bluff - possibly my first of the ParadisePoker Tour - and it didn't work out," smiled Merivuori, "I spent five events building that tight image and still couldn't get the guy to fold!

"I made a stand from the big blind, three-betting pre-flop then check-raising a queen high flop, but my opponent called both times so I had to give up on it.

"It means I'm sitting on about 4,000 chips, which means it's all-in or fold time again."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive