Saturday 20 November 2010

Another blow for Team Portugal

Perhaps the PPT blog is being paranoid, but have we cursed Team Portugal? Or is it just that time of the evening?

Paulo Nunes (pictured) swifly followed compatriot Carlos Oliveira out the Fox Poker Club exit, as a dramatic misread cost him his tournament life.

'Kinas' - which translates as fives - confessed his opponent had cloaked the strength of his hand well courtesy of his aggressive table image, so when he three-bet Paulo's second consecutive pre-flop raise, there was only one conclusion.

The Portuguese pro had peeked at A8 in the hole and when his LAG opponent re-popped in position, it seemed an obvious steal to Paulo and his willingly poured his remaining 25,000 chips into the middle.

"I truly thought I was ahead but he snap called with KK," said Nunes with a sheepish grin, "Sometimes we have to go with our reads and I felt confident in the moment that it was the right move.

"Next time! I'm not sure if I'll make it to Vienna but I hope I can make it to the Prague event, as well as Madrid."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive