Friday 19 November 2010

Quickening pace suits some, while others suffer

Relishing the quick pace of the PPT London is Pawel Chmiel, who sits among the bigger stacks in the room on around 40,000 chips.

The Polish player (pictured) is a familiar face from live poker events all over Europe and he was enjoying putting his experience to good use against the remaining field.

"I've been lucky because I have a very soft table, with several players playing their first live tournament," he smiled, "It makes it easier to play when you've got an edge on your opponents - and I've had some big hands.

"The 45 minute blinds and 10k starting stack make for a quicker structure than some of the deep stack tournaments I'm used to playing in, but it's good that we don't have to play nine hours to lose 20% of the field!"

Among those on the wrong end of the rising blinds was Johan Bindner - our bubble boy from the PPT Portugal - and he was even more frustrated than two months ago after the river cost him his tournament life.

"I had around 25,000 and picked up Aces, so when the button - who had been very aggressive - raised, I three-bet and he called.

"The flop looked pretty safe, JJ5, I c-bet and he called. A seven came on the turn and he put me all in, showing 89o when I called, and he hit his runner runner straight on the river.

"I think this is worse than Vilamoura where I was bubble boy, because I chose to put it all in there with a small pair, hoping to get a 50/50 shot and that's what happened.

"This hand was frustrating because I got him to do exactly what I wanted him to, but he hit the river when it looked like I would become a big stack."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive