Saturday 20 November 2010

No respect for a big name

James Akenhead is awol in the Fox Poker club and word in the room is that he has made his PPT exit, though we are still awaiting confirmation.

Fellow WSOP hero Willie Tann (pictured) has survived to make the dinner break, but he'll need more than a full stomach to turn his 11,000 chips into a winning stack!

Still, 'The Dice Man' was in his usual cheery mood when he stopped to chat with the PPT blog, despite thus far failing to match the heights of his deep run in the 2009 ParadisePoker Tour London.

"This is my second ParadisePoker Tour Main Event," confimed Tann, "I came close to the final table last year but got a bit unlucky.

"I came back because it's a lovely tournament right here in London. I live in London so it's nice to be able to play these kind of events near home.

"I've never been to Fox Poker Club before but I like it here and the buy-in is great because it's one poker players can afford. It's a great structure and you can find new players here as well."

The competition is getting fiercer than ever, according to the WSOP bracelet winner, but revealed it was old-fashioned determination that would motivate him after the interval.

"Poker players are getting better every day," he smiled, "It's getting harder and harder to play these days because it's so easy to learn. So many videos, books and virtual lessons are around that every poker player is good now.

"They're not so loose like before and I've had to adjust to that, especially pre-flop where their play is incredible - they are all so fearless!

"Today hasn't gone so well, I haven't had more than 11,000 chips all day and I've been sat here struggling for the last three hours.

"I'm still alive but I've got a short stack. Still, perserverence eh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive