Monday 26 July 2010

Toni crowned King of Paradise, 2009/10

Congratulations go to Toni Merivuori after he was crowned the inaugural ParadisePoker Tour League champion for 2009/10.

The Finn accrued the most points across the four events, with his final table appearance in London the catalyst for a fine debut season.

Players scored points for finishing in the top 100 places, with the tournament winner earning one hundred down to a single point for the 100th-place finisher, and it was Merivuori who proved the most consistent performer.

His reward was €10,000 plus free packages for all six of Season Two’s events, worth a total of €6,600, and the amateur player was understandably delighted with his biggest ever poker win.

“It feels amazing but I don’t think it’s really sunk in yet,” he told the PPT blog, “It’s €10,000 and six events for next season so I don’t know what to think!

“After London I looked at the satellites for the next events and decided to take a shot, so without the leaderboard London might have been my only tournament.

“Coming eighth in the London event was my biggest achievement in poker and I think this is even bigger because the prize is so nice,” admitted a smiling Merivuori, “I play poker to win money; I’m not after the fame.

“Now it’s free for me to play all six events next year but I have to go and improve my game if I want to maintain this. Maybe I’ll change something so I can go for the win now because a lot of this season I’ve been playing tight for ranking points.”

Leaderboard - Final Standings

1st Toni Merivuori 213
2nd Marek Viščak 199
3rd Johnny Jensen 192
4th Lim-wai Cheung 151
5th Georges Tohme 146

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive