Sunday 18 July 2010

Aske and thou shalt receive!

We have a new chip leader as we reach our second break of the day, as a huge pot brewed on the last hand of the session.

Aske Muff (pictured right) was the man building his newly acquired chip tower, as he tangled with another sizeable stack - and his Aces held to win a 300,000 plus pot.

The Dane three-bet a local player with his bullets pre-flop and c-bet a Q-10-2 flop for half the pot.

Having been called by his rival, a blank turn was enough for Aske to ship the rest of his chips and though he tanked for around five minutes, the call followed and KJ exposed.

The open-ended straight draw was blunted by a King on the river, creating a new force as we edge towards the final table.

"We both started the hand with around 150,000 in chips so I'm up to 320,000 now and I guess I'm the chip leader," said Aske after winning that monster pot.

"I play to win these tournaments so I'll hope for the best.

"Yesterday I was down to 4,000 after the dinner break but I've only been all-in and called once so I've mainly been winning small pots.

"Of course I'll be using the big stack to put pressure on my opponents now, but there are one or two good players that have joined my table, so I'll also be keeping an eye on them to see how they play."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive