Sunday 18 July 2010

Action hots up as we lose our first player

Martin Dobrev became the first player to make his exit from the Final Table, as having come to blows with the big stacks one too many times, the Bulgarian ran out of lives.

It was a much-seen end to his tournament life, shoving with A♦J♠ only for big stack Aske Muff to find A♣K♣.

There was some hope on the flop as Jack looked like saving him, only for a King to arrive not only on the turn but the river as well.

"It was only my second live tournament, as I mainly play online, so I'm proud to have made the final table," said Martin.

"I didn't expect to get this far and even when I arrived, I didn't have too many chips.

"I was happy with how I played the hands but it just didn't happen for me."

Dobrev's demise swiftly followed one other all-in, but Sabin Filev was more fortunate than his counterpart.

His A♦4♣ spiked an Ace on the flop to survive, also against Muff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive