Sunday 18 July 2010

Shrinking field hits two tables

With the bubble burst, the inevitable surge of chips to the middle played out and cost nine players their shot at the final table.

Among them was Polish player and one-time big stack Lukasz Gebica, who despite sitting on over 100,000 chips at the last break, saw his luck change in dramatic fashion.

In the end he was fortunate even to make the money, as he was eliminated in the same hand as our bubble boy Plamen Stravrev, but having started the deal with more chips, he earned the first €1,260 prize.

He was in calm mood despite completing a surprising collapse when his 10-8 pre-flop shove from the button found an opponent with QQ in the sb.

"It started when I lost a race with a short stack with 5s against AKs," explained Lukasz, "Then I lost another hand after raising with QJ and getting donked into when I missed the flop.

"A few rounds of blinds and suddenly I was a short stack on around 25,000 chips! I open shoved from the button on my last hand and the small blind called with Queens.

"Even with 100,000 chips you can soon find yourself in trouble if you have a run like that, but that's tournament poker.

"I had a great run yesterday at the start of the tournament and was on 30,000 after only two levels," he added, "That really allowed me to play my A-game and be aggressive, so I'm very pleased with how I played."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive