Saturday 17 July 2010

Short stacks ready to attack

The players have returned to the felt following a dinner break and with 139 players remaining, and only around 30 likely to survive the day, it's a crucial time for those coveting the PPT Bulgaria crown.

The average stack stands at 15,107, a 50% increase on the starting count, but most players still have plenty of big blinds to work with as we enter the next level.

With blinds at 200-400 with a 25 ante, there's still plenty of play even for those considering some short stack tactics.

They include Swedish player Tommy Ahmedof and UK player Ed Frost, who both confessed to being card dead when they caught up with the PPT blog.

"I've had very little in the way of cards in the last two hours," revealed Ed, "Every time I've tried to make some moves without them, it's been a case of bad timing and I've been three-bet."

All change from earlier on, when Ed show his fearless style in a big pot: "I three-bet pre-flop with suited connectors and got called.

"I continuation bet when the board paired on the flop and he called again, but I fired again when an Ace hit the turn and got him to fold Queens!"

Tommy was feeling a little more cautious, despite facing a "super-tight" table, and revealed he would be upping the aggression from the restart.

"I wanted to have a stack in this tournament but it just didn't work out that way," he explained, "It's time to play short stack poker now as I only have 7,500.

"There are a few short stacks at my table though and they're ready to do the same, but that means I can call with quite a wide range of hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive