Sunday 18 July 2010

Controversy leaves Szuster hanging on

Viktor Szuster's dreams of another final table appearance appear to be fading after he ran into some trouble just before the first break of the day.

Folded to him on the small blind, Viktor (pictured) opted to shove his short stack into dangerous territory - and his opponent flipped Q8s.

That man was Lukasz Gebica, who has moved on to over 100,000 chips since the start of the day and is among the chip leaders, and Szuster chose to show an Ace as he pondered the call.

This prompted action from the tournament director and both men were forced to serve a hand penalty.

"I asked the TD whether I could show him my cards and he replied that he 'didn't advise me' to do that," said a frustrated Viktor, "But I didn't know that meant I would receive a penalty and I just wanted him to fold.

"I didn't want a 60/40 flip with just three players to go until the money, but it's not really about that. I've got a much smaller stack than my opponent so missing hands can mean a lot.

"I don't think about the fact I've gone deep in two PPTs now, I've just got an opportunity to play here and I want to do well."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive