Saturday 17 July 2010

Sunny on the rise in PPT Bulgaria

Having made his mark in Madrid with a final table appearance, Sunny Khosla is back on track after a tough start today.

The Danish player mistimed a bluff early on and was crippled at one stage, dropping to as low as 3,000 chips, but it seems he has fought his way out of that particular corner in typically aggressive style.

"I'm now on the average stack after I doubled up a couple of times," Sunny told us, "I've created a bit of a loose image with some plays so I got paid off when I had pockets Aces.

"I added to that image and won a big pot a bit later on when I showed a huge bluff.

"I raised with 6-9s in position against a tight big blind but the button re-raised me by 1,000 and I decided to call.

"The flop came A-5-3 and I checked, he led out for 2,500 and I raised and got him to fold - then showed it face up.

"I think that should earn me some respect and hopefully scare them a little, then I can play a different style."

The amateur is one of only a few players who could still catch compatriot Johnny Jensen at the top of the Tour League, with a strong performance likely to seal entry into a 2010/11 event on ParadisePoker.

Things won't come easy however, as Sunny pointed to the tougher opposition down by the Black Sea.

"The level is a little bit higher here than in Madrid, but I managed to get back to the average stack and now we'll see."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive