Sunday 18 July 2010

Philipp out to Roch the PPT

German player Philipp Roch has made a strong start to the final table, tangling with fellow big stack Aske Muff and dragging in the spoils.

He still trails his Danish rival, but has strengthened his position ahead of the rest of the table as these two look to spar for the €26,250 top prize.

On a young, aggressive table there is still some way to go, but Philipp was in positive mood ahead of the final.

"I've not had many big hands today because I'm yet to be all-in for my tournament life," he explained, "It's been quite a smooth ride to the final table, although I wouldn't say it was an easy one.

"I've been on the average stack nearly the whole way, picking my spots to take some chips.

"The field is certainly tougher, although I've played some tougher in various EPT events and tournaments back home in Germany.

"I've got a lot of experience playing live now and I love it. Maybe the last year I've been playing a bit more online, but only because it can be expensive to travel around.

"This week I've come here on holiday with a friend and now it's paid for, so I'm happy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive