Sunday 18 July 2010

Czech mate for Loringen as Marek goes head-up with Muff

Marek Viscak finally claimed a Danish scalp to go heads-up, but it took a harsh beat to send Anders Loringen to the rail.

Together with Aske Muff, the duo from Denmark had looked invincible at times, even after Loringen (pictured) lost a sizeable pot to his countryman.

His final hand was another tough one to take however, as his Kings were cracked by a river Jack that handed Marek two pair after the chips had all gone in.

The Czech player had raised from the button with Q♣J♣ and called a three-bet from the man to his right.

The flop held fear for both men, as the A♠-5♥-Q♠ prompted both men to check.

The 7♦ followed on the turn and while Loringen checked again, Marek made his move with middle pair, betting 90,000 chips and putting his opponent to the test.

It seemed the Dane had passed when he moved all-in and was called by the weaker pair, but he drowned in that cruel river.

"I feel kind of disappointed but I'm very satisfied overall," he revealed in the wake of the beat, "I was especially pleased with the final table.

"I had the patience to wait for moments to make moves and set myself goals as I went along. I obviously made the final table, then the last six players, but equally one was to win it.

"That last hand was tough but I think I played it really well, because when you re-raise someone pre-flop, the last thing you want to see is an Ace. Right now I wish he had folded but i got it in with the best hand.

"It would have been great to play Aske heads-up," he added, "If I'd won that pot it would have been quite even, but now I'm backing him to go on and win it.

"He's definitely the better player of the two left in my opinion. He's good at putting his opponents under pressure, so I don't doubt that he can finish the job."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive