Peter Horvath looks to be one of the room's biggest stacks as we edge towards the dinner break after the Czech dragged in a monster pot care of Aces.
A rough count puts him well over 60,000 chips after eliminating one rival with pocket rockets, with the money going all-in on a soaking wet 9♣7&clubs7♠ flop.
Horvath had continuation bet, only for his rival to ship his stack, and our man made the call with A♠A♣ knowing there was every chance he held one of his opponent's outs. So it proved, as the villain flipped 3♣4♣ and failed to connect.
Lady Luck was feeling less kind to Ronnie Espensen however, as the Dane's strong start evapourated in one bad beat. He had three-bet Martin Svub once again and third player four-bet-called Ronnie's effective shove.
His rival threw down his J♥J♦ as if he knew it was beat - and it was indeed crushed by Espensen's Aces - but a Jack on the turn turned the hand on its head and left Ronnie with a rebuilding job.
Elsewhere Christian Schulz is up to 30,000 chips thanks to a set of fives - and it could have been even better for the German. He flopped top two pair on a K-Q-2 board but having got the money in, found his opponent had the same hand!
- Day 1a: 68 at the close
- Screams in the night
- A Xanthopolous falls
- Csecsetka seizes the chip lead
- The final straight
- Pavlos leads the brothers' battle
- Pics for dinner
- Espensen busts before dinner
- Bullets fire Horvath among chip leaders
- First break, first chip count
- FP update: Popular Ronnie
- Early exit (and re-entry) for Pishvafar
- Fantasy Poker door closes... 111 chase €1000
- Prop bets and mankinis
- Season 3 finale - shuffle up and deal!
- The stage is set...
- Fantasy Poker... but for €1000 cash!
- PP blog gets practical
- Party in Paradise
- Thessaloniki schedule announced
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2011 (586)