Saturday 11 September 2010

Sponsored pros going strong

ParadisePoker enjoys looking after its own and in talented duo Johnny Jensen and Carlos Oliveira, we have a pair returning the love so far in Portugal.

Success for our sponsored players is always celebrated in style amongst the Paradise staff, so Jensen (pictured) in particular has become a popular figure who needs no introduction on this blog.

The Dane hit final tables in London and Prague last season, missing out on the Tour League title by only a few points as Toni Merivuori clung to tournament life in Bulgaria.

And after a slow start to Season Two's inaugural event, the ParadisePoker pro was delighted to be back ahead of the average stack at the last break.

"I was partying last night so I didn't feel great when I arrived, and things got worse when I lost half my stack on the first hand!" he smiled.

"I ran a big bluff and it didn't work, so I decided to walk away from the table for a little bit, eat some food and get back on track."

It seems the break did him some good, as shortly after his return to action, Jensen doubled through with a set of Queens seeing off an opponent with TPTK, before a turned straight caught out a fellow bluffer and pushed his stack beyond the 20k mark.

And now sat to the left of his mum - Johnny should be getting all the support he needs at Table 11! (She wouldn't steal his blinds, would she?!)

Oliveira's meanwhile has been continuing his outstanding play of late - which include a $250,000 win - as despite taking a hit when his AK ran into KK, he still stands above the average stack with around 17,000 chips.

"I flopped a full house with Aces early on and managed to get paid, then I won a series of small pots before that big hand set me back a bit. But it's going ok."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive