Sunday 12 September 2010

Burst bubble in Paradise

Danish player Johan Bindner was the unlucky player to lose his Main Event life one place shy of the money, but was in philosophical mood after being 'crowned' Season Two's first bubble boy.

"I came into the second day short stacked so I knew it could happen," he reflected with the PPT blog, "It's not that big a deal.

"I had half the average stack and took my chances, got it in with pocket threes and I definitely would have taken the coin flip!

"I enjoyed the event anyway," he added, "I played in Bulgaria last time and I live in Copenhagen, so I'll almost certainly play in that one too."

Several players had flirted with the bubble boy title, including Sergio Almeida, who put his tournament at risk with 10♠-8♣, only to love the call from the big blind as the bigger stack flipped 10♥-7♥.

Next in the firing line was Joao Brito, who found J♥J♦ at just the right moment; big stack Hugo Almeida calling with pockets 10s and finding no help from the board.

And so it was left to Bindner to have his exit greeted by a round of applause, as his 3♠3♣ came up short when called by the J♥7♥ of the big blind.

The flop struck immediately, coming 7♣K♦4♦ before the 9♦ and K♥ on the turn and river sealed his fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive