Sunday 12 September 2010

Rene lives up to his promise

Speaking to the PPT blog earlier this afternoon, Rene Knapp promised he would be going for the win once the bubble burst - and that pledge looked in good shape as he took down an enormous pot.

Getting involved with in a hand with fellow German Hans Mustafa Krsebom may not have been the plan, but when he three-bet pre-flop with A♥A♣, he could hardly have wished for a better flop.

The deck brought A♠9♥8♠ and after Rene c-bet, his friend turned foe check-raised with an open-ended straight draw and a 300,000 pot quickly materialised.

"I'll have to buy the drinks if I win it, because I didn't want to play against my friend ideally," he explained.

"It was an easy call when he went all-in, and there was no luck for him hitting his straight.

"I still don't care if I come top three, even eighth or ninth is fine but I have to keep playing for the win. I'll keep up the aggression with plenty of three-bets and hopefully it will carry me to the final table."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive