Monday 13 September 2010

Sergio delights in his maiden success

How does it feel to have won this event?
It feels amazing. I've been searching for my first win in a poker tournament for a long time and to do it here is a great feeling.

Was it more special to win it in Vilamoura?
It's fantastic to win it here and even more special to win a Paradise poker event. This is definitely my greatest achievement in poker so it is something I'll always remember.

It was such an aggressive final table, with first Rene Knapp and then Hugo Almeida taking control of things. What was your strategy?
It was difficult because the German player especially was being really aggressive and I couldn't find many spots to play hands. I knew he was stealing a lot though, so I felt my best chance of getting chips was to three-bet him.

Did you always believe you could win?
I did. I knew if I could get down to heads-up I would be able to change gears and that's what happened. I started being more aggressive and he couldn't answer it. It was a nice hand to finish because I knew I had him at the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive