Saturday 11 September 2010

Defending champ card dead but fighting

Defending Tour League champions Toni Meriviori is finding things tough in Paradise this season, but he lives on in the battle for PPT points.

The Finn was an ever-present in Season One, grinding out his €10,000 prize by securing top 100 finishes again and again.

With just the top 50 players scoring for the league this time around, repeating the feat will be tougher in Season Two, and the deck is yet to help him out.

"The cards haven't been too good to me so far," he revealed for the PPT blog, "I've played probably less than 10 hands in total, including one AQ and one JJ.

"That followed a good start, as I made a flush and got up to 15,000 really quickly, but after that I've not hit anything.

"I'm on about 12,000 chips and hoping things turn around for me, but it's been so bad that one guy even joked around with me when I made my first move after about an hour!

"After the dinner break there is usually this kind of 'short-stack hunting' period," he added, "So I'll see if I get some big hands and if not, I'll have to change gears."

Lady Luck may have a few things to answer then, but there no complaints regarding the tournament's idylic setting.

"Vilamoura is beautiful," smiled Toni, "I like the sea view and there's less people than Sunny Beach (Bulgaria).

"It's certainly calmer here and judging by the weather at the moment, I don't think it ever rains!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive