Sunday 12 September 2010

Falko out in tenth, winning €2,425

The German duo on the PPT Vilamoura final table has been halved as Falko Bertheau became the first player to depart in more than an hour's play.

The semi-professional player felt the moment had come when he picked up A♥8♥ in the small blind, three-betting all in over the top of a button raise.

Hugo Almeida sent shivers down his spine when he re-shoved to isolate, forcing the original raiser to fold, and showed down 7♦7♠ for a race.

The pocket pair looked to have missed its target when the flop came 8♠6♣9♠, but his open-ended straight draw connected on the turn when the 10♠ dropped, and Hugo completed a flush with the 5♠ for good measure.

Falko was pleased with his result in the end, even though it was tinged with disappointment.

"I was short stacked so I had to make the move," he told the PPT blog, "I'm happy with tenth but in the end it was a little bit unlucky.

"We were in a race so when I saw the eight, I thought I was in line to double up, but he made his straight and that was that.

"I've had a few good results, both online and in live tournaments, but this is up there. I'll be back to play another event another time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive