Saturday 11 September 2010

Players lost, but not forgotten

With so many tournament lives ending so rapidly over the last few hours, the PPT blog would like to offer condolences to some good friends who were among the fallen.

Having made the final table in Bulgaria, Anders Loringen was back for another attempt at improving that third-place finish, but fell short of the money this time.

"I had quite a few hands but just haven't been able to get paid off when I've hit them," cursed the Dane, "I hit three top sets but somehow everyone just keeps folding in those spots and calling me when I bluff.

"In the end I trapped a guy in a blind battle because I needed to get back into the tournament and I picked up A7 in the sb.

"I knew if I limped he would shove with a huge range and when he did, I snap called and he showed 34o. The flop even came Ace high and he got up, but he runner-runnered a flush to all but knock me out."

One of our many German players, Ingo Meyer, was another victim shortly before dinner, picking up the blinds with a series of short stack shoved, only to get called and lose when he finally picked up AK.

"Anna Kournikova," he mused with a smile, "She looks great but she never wins!"

Also out of the running is British player Raymond Irving after the Pro-Am pool player found his luck run out at the card table, and defending ParadisePoker Tour League champion Toni Meriviori couldn't reach the points.

Even fame and fortune couldn't keep Ricardo Sa Pinto in Lady Luck's good books, as the ex-Portugal international footballer crashed out earlier this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive