Monday 20 June 2011

Norberg out in 74th for $6,337 payday

Robert Norberg lost his last longer bet with friend Alex Hanell as he departed the Rio's Amazon Room in 74th-place.

The Swede had been going strong midway through Day 2 but Lady Luck turned on him later on, as first he ran KK into AA and then his AJs failed to connect once all-in against QQ.

Norberg admitted he felt "empty" after so many hours focused on the poker table, but was sure the pride would follow in the morning - in spite of his losing wager.

"The sickest thing is that I beat over 2,700 people but I still couldn't win my last longer bet," he smiled.

"I'm not a tournament player; I barely ever play tournaments so I'm proud to have done so well. I just need to sleep now, but I know I'll dream about poker."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive