Saturday 26 November 2011

Swimming against the tide

UK player Paul Senter confessed to finding Day 1 a struggle as the PPT blog caught up with him at the close of Level 6.

With the blinds increasing to 200/400 with a 25 ante, the Brit was left with just 8,500 chips after a gruelling test of both his patience and poker skills.

"It's been a tough day," he wryly smiled, "I play professionally online but live events tilt the hell out of me! I've just had to fold Jacks pre-flop, been rivered and turned by the same guy twice and couldn't get a call when I flopped a set of deuces."

Senter, who gave up a budding swimming career for the card table, has the backing of some Olympic hopefuls - with the likes of Thomas Haffield and Rebecca Adlington among his followers (and friends) on Twitter.

"I used to swim but when I found poker, it started to take over to be honest. I was at uni at the time and was playing a lot so I'm giving it a year to see if I can make a living.

"I love live events and have played in the GUKPT and UKIPT and this is a better structure than both. It's a great tournament - I just wish I was running a little better!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive