Friday 25 November 2011

Haigh the shock pre-dinner exit

Surprise departure - Haigh (left) and friend Pishvafar
With FP entries now closed we can report some results, but Fantasy Poker entrants who picked Robert Haigh will have preferred no news as good news!

The young German pro, who made two final tables in PPT Season 2, was undoubtedly the highest casualty of the first two hours of play and is now lamenting his exit with friends at the dinner table.

"I made a move against the wrong player," rued Robert, who was sat next to good friend and apprentice David Pishvafar at the tables, "I led out on a 789 board knowing the guy had AK and I thought he was a pretty tight player.

"I raised the turn when an Ace hit and still thought I could take him off the hand on the river, as there were straights, flushes and all on the board. He couldn't fold his TPTK though so I guess it was the wrong player to make the move against.

"Normally tight players play a bit more cautiously and don't like risking their stack so early, but he made the call and I'm out. I know all my friends would have folded!"

We have a select few chip counts for you as half the field fill their stomachs over at the buffet, so here goes:

Ronnie Espensen - 22,000
Micha Dankert - 20,150
Fernando Martin - 20,000
David Pishvafar - 20,000
Carlos Oliveira - 20,000
Joao Brito - 18,000
Tibor Boros - 16,000
Luis Rufas - 12,000
Bastian Bluem - 12,000
Lukasz Gebica - 7,500 (and he swears he's only played three or four hands!)
Ricardo Calleja - 4,000

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive