Friday 14 January 2011

Toni running hot

Season One PPT League winner Toni Merivuori looks to be putting recent struggles behind him in Vienna, where he is looking to build on a side event cash with a stronger show in the Main Event.

Having been the model of consistency across four events in 2009/10, the Finn (pictured right) struggled to negotiate the fields in Vilamoura and London and admitted his confidence had been hit as a result.

“I was here for a few days and decided to play in the €100 NL Hold’em side event last night and I ended up finishing 6th for around €860,” he explained.

“I was delighted with that, even though some friends had a percentage of my action, because it gave me a lot of confidence ahead of today’s tournament.

“I’m now sitting on 50,000 chips and it’s the first time I’ve had a big stack in Season Two, so I’m feeling good.

"Twice I've had Aces and both times I've managed to get my opponent all-in, once pre-flop and once on a Queen high board, so I'm running good. Let's hope it continues!"

Side Event 1 Results

1st - SCHLEPS, Florian €4,409
2nd - REGNER, Felix €2,576
3rd - Mr. Q €1,728
4th - DENDEA, Tomi €1,413
5th - PATTZAI, Tamas €1,099
6th - MERIVUOR, Toni €864
7th - MEHRER, Andreas €706
8th - ORTH, Roland €549
9th - FAHIMIRAD, Mario €392
10th - MAGO, Marcel €251

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive