Sunday 16 January 2011

Skrinyar rides hot deck to victory

How does it feel to win the ParadisePokerTour Vienna Main Event?
It feels great, I'm very happy to have won it. I was really lucky along the way, I ran incredibly good - including five lots of pocket Aces on the final table that were paid off every time. I also won virtually every time I was all-in!

How does this rate in terms of your poker achievements?
I mainly play live cash games for a living so I play on a daily basis back in Hungary. I like to enter the big poker tour events though so I travel around Europe to play in various tournaments, but this is my biggest win. I have had some great nights playing cash however, where I've won a similar amount to the prize here.

You were chip leader coming into the final table, what was your strategy at that stage?
I knew there were at least two very strong tournament players at the table so I waited for a few of the short stacks to bust. I wanted to avoid getting into too many pots with the professional tournament players, as well as big multi-way pots, and it paid off in the end.

Later on Alexander Freund was playing extremely aggressively; was the strategy to get heads-up before taking him on?
I was waiting for big hands to play against Alexander and I think he respected me, because he wasn't three-betting or even calling when I raised.

You said at one point you were running so hot you could almost play any two cards and still win, so did it feel like you were always going to win the tournament?
I had a tough patch during Day 2 when several poor players doubled up against me, but I survived that period and then the cards turned in my favour.

So did you enjoy the PPT experience?
It was a great event with good organisation and structure, so I've really enjoyed the time here in Austria.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive