Saturday 15 January 2011

Pishvafar picks up pace on PPT roller coaster

A familiar face on the PPT circuit, David Pishvafar is making good progress on Day 1 and was comfortably ahead of the average at the last interval.

The German player (pictured) was part of the original 'Team Germany' that took on the Portuguese in Vilamoura and spawned fantasy poker.

Success wasn't forthcoming in the Algarve, as the native players outshone their rivals, and the deep run he managed in Madrid last May also failed to materialise in London.

Pishvafar referred to his Day 1 as a roller coaster after being involved in the heart of the action throughout, but stacked his chips at the 35,000 mark when he caught up with the PPT blog.

"It's been up and down a lot, mainly because I made a big call and then bluffed some chips off," he explained, "But I'm happy to be ahead of the average.

"The big call was with a set of tens on a drawy board and the other guy overbet the pot on the river. I decided to call and he mucked, so I guess he was bluffing in the end.

"I made that mistake on the river of another pre-flop raised pot. I'd been checking the turn with the nuts and overbetting the river, so decided to use that image when I missed the board in a blind battle.

"Unfortunately the player came up with a call holding just bottom pair on an Ace high board, which surprised me, but I'm disappointed I bluffed off those chips."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive