Saturday 15 January 2011

Almost a PPT miracle; almost

The usual rush of blood to the head and chips to the middle has followed our burst bubble, and several more players have quickly joined Attila Tarko on the rail.

Among them is 28th-place fnisher Zoltan Beni, who very nearly completed our very own chip and a chair miracle after going on an incredible sequence.

The PPT looked over for Beni when his KQ ran into AQ to leave him with less than the 500 ante, but it only served to spark his amazing run back up to 50,000 chips.

"It was just a joke," he laughed, "I had about 45,000 chips when I went all-in and lost. The blinds were 2,500/5,000 plus a 500 ante but I got it back to more than my 45,000!

"I won with a 6-2, an 8-6 and I think the best hand I had during that time was something like Q7. Eventually my luck ran out though as my pocket fours lost to AQ.

"I thought I was going to come back and win it until then," grinned the Hungarian qualifier, "But I've had a lot of fun, it's been great."

The other players to make their exit since the bubble burst are Georg Rogakis, Balazs Csermely, Dezso Schmidt, Joszef Döbrei, Balazs Csermely, Peter Karall and Florian Schleps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive