Sunday 27 June 2010

Garland knocked out in 65th by one of his own

The Paradise Team suffered a little in-fighting as long-term short stack Tom Garland ran into Johan "Dusty_Rat" Jakobsson's big slick and slipped to a 65th-place finish.

The UK player has been battling a shortage of ammo for much of the second day, so despite coming back from the dead on several occasions, his luck ran out against his fellow Paradise representative.

Working with the infamous ten bbs, he shoved from late middle position with JQo, only to see his 'ally' isoltate him AK. The board offered no help for Tom and he was sent to the rail to contemplate his WSOP debut.

"I'm exhausted right now but I know it's an amazing achievement, especially against such a big field," he said after picking up his $7,860 cheque.

"It's the largest prize I've won playing poker and while there's part of me that thinks I could have made it to the next step in the money, I had to make a move eventually.

"Poker tournaments are so often tinged with a little regret, with what ifs but it's been a great experience and when I wake up tomorrow, I'm going to feel really proud."

Replacing him as the short stack was Didier Erb, who was forced to lay down JJ when the action intensfied in front of him.

An all-in and call from the table's dominant stack left the French player contemplating his opponents' range, but having opted to fold, he was dismayed to see A6 and A10 flipped on their backs.

A Jack on the flop only served to increase his anguish, but he was promising to up the aggression before Day Two was out.

"If I had won that pot I would have tripled up to over 300,000," he vented, "but instead I'm now on around 77,000.

"I'm looking to double up in the next couple of hours now because otherwise it's finished."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive