Monday 28 June 2010

15 left at the first break, but Johan takes a hit

After a blistering start to Day Three, the cards turned on Johan "Dusty_Rat" Jakobsson and brought him back among the poker mortals.

First he found AJ utg, three callers for his pre-flop raise and even an Ace on board to boot, but a medium stack shipped on a textured board and Johan found himself in a tough spot.

“I was near enough 100% sure he had AQ but I still made the call and I was right,” explained the Paradise pro.

“I could have saved myself the 400,000, although he might have been on a draw. I’d not played with him before so I couldn’t be completely sure, but 99 times out of 100 he has AQ.”

Lady Luck had more torment in store when then went toe-to-toe with his replacement as chip leader, but he felt good about the fold he eventually made with 10s in the hole.

“The second hand was against another guy I hadn’t seen play and he was the big stack, so when the button raises to around 52,000 and he three-bets, I wasn’t sure what to do.

“I didn’t want to be all-in there but I didn’t want to fold either, so I smooth-call then take a shot at it by raising his c-bet on an A-J-7 flop.

“I make it 315,000 and before I’ve even finished raising, he announced re-raise for around 500,000 and that he’s going nowhere. I’m quite lost in that hand, but I had to fold."

The two hands combined to rob our remaining representative of around half his chips, although he remains in fifth place with a little over 1,000,000 at his disposal.

“There are still 15 players left so if I’m going to be happy now, I might as well go home,” added Johan when asked about his serious table demeanour.

“I’m surprised how quickly the field has reduced from the original 36 players. There’s been a lot of all-ins and nobody seems to be folding – so I should probably have tightened up!

“I’m not frustrated about losing the chips, but I am confused about those tens and to a lesser extent about the AJ hand.

“I’m going to be patient though because soon there’s going to be a new hand.”

Prize Pool Reminder
1st $721,373
2nd $446,274
3rd $315,828
4th $228,614
5th $167,405
6th $124,006
7th $92,900
8th $70,365
9th $53,892
10th-12th $41,725
13th-15th $32,653

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive