Sunday 27 June 2010

First Paradise player falls as the field thins

Luis Rufas is our first victim of Day Two, as two critical hands proved his downfall at his debut WSOP.

The Spanish Paradise pro (pictured) was in good form on Day One, but with the blinds reaching 1,000/2,000 with a 300 ante, his card dead spell before the first break put him in precarious territory.

"I finally picked up a hand in the small blind when I found AJ, and with a small stack of around 22,000 going all-in from middle position, I felt he could easily be holding a small pair or a weak Ace and I called," outlined the man known as 'Repicas.'

"He turned over Aces to leave me short stacked, so when it was folded to me on the button a few hands later, it didn't matter what cards I had - I went all-in and was called by the big blind's KJ, which beat my J5.

"Tomorrow I will be happy with my performance," he added, "I wanted to go further in the tournament so I'm a little frustrated right now.

"But this is my first World Series of Poker and I made the prize money (he won $3,400), so I have to be happy. I'll be back, that's for sure."

Meanwhile, Didier Erb also took a hit to his chances when his set of sixes was cracked by runner-runner help for his all-in opponent and Tom Garland dropped below the average to 50,000 chips.

There was better news for Hungarian Zsolt Cserhati however, as he hit the Paradise peak chip count with 140,000 now at his disposal, while 'Dusty' has also been on the up as he reached 90,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive