Saturday 5 March 2011

Espensen's 34th 'as good as a cash'

Ronnie Espensen extended his advantage at the summit of the ParadisePoker Tour League with a 34th-place finish that adds 17 points to his total.

The Dane had entered Day 2 with the third shortest stack in the room, but with a series of double ups had been back in contention, only for an enforced fold to cost him dear.

“I actually got back up to around 40,000 chips,” he told the PPT blog, “But I had to fold KK on an Ace high board and it left me with less than 20k.

“Considering what happened last night, when I lost the majority of my stack in a couple of bad beats, I have to be happy with the result.

“It’s as good as a cash for me because I’ve extended my lead at the top of the PPT League, which is worth a lot, and I beat half the starting field today.”

Joining Espensen on the rail since the returning from dinner were Matyáš Poloch, Tim Tepass, Ondřej Kubíček and Pavlos Xanthopoulos, brother of PPT London 2010 winner Christos.

UPDATE - And add Dimitrios Tychalas' name to that list. The Greek finished 31st just moments later and news of his demise will disappoint Fantasy Poker managers kirsty1991, DeathLT and roland13.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive