Saturday 5 March 2011

The classical approach

We're under way on Day 2 and ParadisePoker pro Lukasz Gebica is hoping the sound of music will lead to a first final table appearance on the ParadisePoker Tour.

The Polish player has built a reputation for all out aggression on multiple PPT stops, but when questioned on his choice of music during the Main Event, he revealed a more cultured side to his game.

"I listen to a bit of a mix but mainly classical - I've heard it raises your IQ!" he grinned, "I also like to listen to rock but nothing too heavy as I want to stay calm, even though I play so aggressive."

It had certainly paid off for Gebica as the tale end of Day 1, as he quickly ascended to an 80,000 stack courtesy of a series of medium-sized pots.

First he clashed with big stack Zoltan Kapitany, getting three streets of value from his TPTK holding AQ, before turning two pair against another aggressive opponent.

His night was capped when he knocked out a short stacked opponent, again with AQ as the money went in pre-flop and the board rewarded Lukasz with a straight.

"I'm 11th in chips as we start the day and I'm in a good mood," he added, "I may not be chip leader yet but I will be. It's time to make a final table!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive